Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Must Bitch About It



Partially, this blog was created to give me a place to vent, seek support, and whine when I need it.  Of course, I keep with the measurements and what sort of things I'm doing regarding eating changes and exercise routines.

But it gets boring talking about "I eat meat, vegetables, and lentils," because there are only so many ways that you can write about that before it gets boring.  Turns out there are only so many ways you can EAT this way before it gets a little boring.  4HB (The book) warns of this.  It's supposed to be simple and boring, to leave little room for error.

Today, I'm just going to whine.

I have been following the plan nearly perfectly, and my results are showing.  I have talked about my wish for faster results, but The Engineer points out that fast weight loss often seems to lead to even faster weight gain later.  The slow route provides a more solid foundation for permanent lifestyle changes.  I get that.

But when I read some of the "testimonials" I get...discouraged.  There's a lady he highlights, "Tracy" who lost over 100 lbs on the plan (I can't remember or it didn't say how long that took).  In part of her testimonial, she said (paraphrased), "If you have 80 to 100 lbs to lose and aren't losing 5-6 pounds a week for the first several weeks, you are doing something wrong."

I reasonably COULD lose 100 lbs.  I probably should.  That would put me at 168 lbs for my 5'7" height.  I'm tall compared to the average woman.  I don't need to be 120.  I'd look sickly at 120.  I suspect I might look a bit sickly at 168, but I haven't been at 168 since...middle school?  So I really can't say for sure.

If we assume that I have 80-100 lbs to lose...apparently I am doing something wrong.  My average is 1.87 lbs of loss per week.  Now, my average is ALSO 5.5 inches a week.  Maybe she meant inches?
Tim Ferriss also talks about weight change as not only being change in pounds, but a change in where weight is distributed and HOW on a person's body.  So shifting 20 lbs of fat in the bell to 20 lbs of muscle in the ass, legs, back, chest, etc is definitely a great change and will produce dramatic visual change in how a person looks, even if the scale remains the same.

Blah blah blah science and fitness.

I'm about to start my period (yeah guys, we gotta talk about that).  I have some health issues (PCOS, Endometriosis), which affects how my body holds weight, how severe my periods feel, how heavy a flow I have, regularity of my periods (and other bodily functions...endo-poo can be painful).  I am a fucking wreck this week.  I could not stop crying yesterday morning for no fucking reason.  I am agitated and irritable.  I nearly yelled at a client today (I find this really funny bc The Engineer nearly yelled at one of his clients yesterday).  I am HUNGRY, and that fucking salad with homemade, sugar free dressing, and chili with only beef and beans is NOT doing it for me.  I'm hungry, and cranky.  I'm hungry, cranky, and everything hurts right now.

This place I have office space in down here in Southeastern KY has literal Baskets of Candy EVERYWHERE.  Free chocolate just sitting around.

                                           (Yeah...it pretty much looks like this year round)


Sometimes the baskets are full of swiss cakes, ho hos, and ding dongs.  Once, there was a table of free cakes...Free whole fucking cakes...for visitors and staff to pillage.  I have done so well for the four weeks....but yesterday, I had a little York Peppermint Patty.  It was pretty gross, actually.  Today, I had a Ghirradelli mini-dark chocolate.  This thing was the size of a quarter.  It was pretty fucking yummy.

I did not ice after my workout last night (yes, I schlepped my kettlebell all the way down here and dragged it up to my hotel room).  My knees hurt.  My back hurts (that's the endo), and I just want to cry, eat and/or throw food, poop, and take a nap.    I am not sure if I will make it totally on diet today.  I feel a cheat coming on, and I'm not sure how severe it will be.  So I'm telling on myself, hoping to minimize damage.  I'd hit an OA (Over-eater's Anonymous) meeting, but honestly I don't want to hear about Jesus today.  I'd rather just experiment.  My life feels like a giant experiment sometimes.  There was never a plan for changes to be permanent, maybe it will be good to see just how much I set myself back by being lenient on a Tuesday rather than a Saturday.  Or maybe this blog will keep me on plan.

If I cheat, I'll talk about it here.  I'll take pictures of the offending foods and open myself to criticism.  I'll hack and release my own Chocolate/Bread/Potato related Dolly Madison Affair.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment