Monday, September 7, 2015

35 Days

I've been bad about blogging this week, which may show in my results.  I also didn't do well on plan.  I wrote, a few days ago, about wanting to cheat.  I hoped that sharing that, that telling on myself, would keep me honest and on course.  That night, it worked.  I went out with friends, and while what I actually wanted to eat involved potatoes slathered in cheese..I got steak, green beans, and a side salad with no cheese or croutons.  And red wine.  Ignore the roll in the picture.  I gave it to my friend Lisa, who promptly had it stolen by the server, who thought she was done with that plate.  *Bread casualty sad face*

That evening, I indulged in not one, but TWO spoonfuls of honey-peanut butter.  This is, typically, as close as I get to cheating during the week.




















The next day, however...things got dicey.  I ate well all day, but I was out of town, and had to pass by my favorite Ice Cream Castle on the way home.  You remember the one?  Disney princess castle in the middle of BFE with a Baskin Robbins?  I know that somewhere in my subconscious I had already given myself permission to stop and get some.  It was just too easy, pulling my car into the lot with a devil-may-care attitude.  I was going to have some fucking ice cream.

I'm too smart for my own good sometimes.  I convinced myself that I was a scientist, and I needed to test what affect having ice cream during the week would have on my overall progress.  Testing my limits was necessary and dammit, just intelligent lifestyle modification.  So I had ice cream.

It did not taste quite as good as I'd hoped, but I still ate that stuff fast enough that pictures were not obtained.

Here's a thing that happens when I cheat sometimes: The next shitty decision comes so much easier.  I had Chipotle for dinner.  This isn't necessarily bad, it can actually be very diet compliant if one orders correctly.  Shredded cheese on top and a bag of tortilla chips with which to make nachos is not ordering correctly.  It was, however, fantastic and delicious.  Aaaand I ate it too quickly to take pictures.  I guess I didn't want photographic evidence.  Understandable, but I'm telling on myself here, so *shrug*

I felt terrible the next day, physically.  The sugar crashes aren't quite as bad as the wheat-based crashes, interestingly enough.  I feel bloated and awful after wheat products.  Sugar makes me grouchy, but not as tired.

Weigh in day wasn't great.  It wasn't awful either.  I lost a 1/2 pound since last week.  I lost 3 inches overall in the last two weeks.  I deleted the measurements I took and compared this week's to the last time The Engineer weighed me, for consistency.  I noticed while he was measuring me this week that I tend to pull the tape WAY tighter around my body than he does.  I guess that would make a difference if I'm squishing all my fat out of the way to take "accurate measurements."  I decided that if he isn't available to measure me then I'll skip circumference for that week.

This week's weight is 260.  I really hoped to break into the 250s this week, but T.E. assures me next week we'll do it.  I like that I have a partner along for this ride.

Total Weight Loss: 8 pounds in 35 days
Total Inches Lost: 18.75 inches in 35 days

I'm proud of the pictures.  There is a visible difference (not just in hair color), and that helps me see the progress even if I can't feel it.  Pain level has been bad this week.  I completed 2 of the 3 workouts.  Missed the Friday workout because I was exhausted and just plain forgot to do it until I'd had too much wine to do it safely.  Kettlebells and inebriates don't mix, you guys!


8/2/2015                                            9/5/2015




2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, I'm proud of you....

    And hun? It'll drop off in a noticeable fashion (scale wise) once your body gets the muscle tone redistributed. Muscle is the burner cell of the body, really in charge of breaking it all down via all of the offshoots of the citric acid cycle (science, yo!), and that plus protein equals muscle breakdown, rebuilding, and then more powerhouse energy burning. Patience, time, and I believe in you that you'll see results that you can continue to cheer over.

    Oh, and the old adage that muscle weighs more is true. I don't have my books handy, but it's not unusual to go through cycles of gain and loss as the body gets toned up.

    Damn, I just went into unsolicited advice/information realm, didn't I? *sigh*. Anyway, as far as it goes, I'm rooting for you. From all the way over here, perhaps, but I'm cheering you on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, if I just crossed a line there, feel free to give me a what for and I'll stop. *solmn nod*

    ReplyDelete